5 workshops, 1 hour each, online via Zoom
Free PLD for all educators across a series of 5 workshops
Future Learning Solutions-Centre for Languages invites ALL educators - teachers, senior leaders, middle leaders, Kahui Ako Leads, Pacific co-ordinators, Deans - to explore the Tapasā framework and consider the implications for their own schools/settings.
Tapasā (Cultural competencies for teachers of Pacific learners) is a tool that can be used to enhance teachers’ cultural capability and capacity when working with Pasifika learners, parents, families and communities. This series of five short workshops aim to unpack the key components of Tapasā to empower teachers to contextualise quality teaching and learning within a Pacific learner setting.
- Explore the Pasifika Success Compass, Ngā Turu (The Competencies), Tapasā framework and implications for practice
- Unpack case studies
- Discuss links with the Code for Professional Responsibility and Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- Identify next steps
- Evaluate teacher learning
- develop a richer understanding of effective practice for Pasifika learners
- understand the links between Tapasā and the Code for Professional responsibility and Standards for the Teaching profession.
These workshops will help you:
- gain an overview of the Tapasā framework
- share ideas of current effective practice for Pasifika learners
- explore the implications for language teaching and learning
Email us to request this workshop in your area email@example.com.