If you are interested in attending one of these workshops in the future, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
FREE PLD for FLS Facilitators and Reading Recovery Tutors across a series of 3 workshops
Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages invites ALL FLS Facilitators and Reading Recovery Tutors to attend three (FREE) workshops which will introduce you to Tapasā (Cultural Competencies for Teachers of Pacific Learners) - a tool that can be used to enhance your cultural capability and capacity when working with Pacific Learners, parents, families and communities.
- Explore the key components of Tapasā and consider their implications for practice.
- Reflect on and evaluate your own learning and identify next steps.
Facilitators and Tutors will:
- Develop a richer understanding of effective practice for Pasifika Learners.
- Explore the links between Tapasā, the Action Plan for Pacific Education and key documents informing Pacific education in NZ.
These workshops will help Facilitators and Tutors:
- Gain an overview of the Tapasā document.
- Understand latest Pacific research and supporting resources to enhance their effectiveness for working with teachers and leaders of Pacific Learners, parents and communities.
- Share current ideas about effective teaching and learning for Pacific Learners.
- Reflect critically on their own practice and consider any relevant next steps.
FLS Facilitators and Reading Recovery Tutors.