The Puertas Abiertas Programme is delivered in collaboration with the Latin America Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence (LatAm CAPE) and hosted in partnership with Victoria University of Wellington.
The LatAM CAPE mission is to bring New Zealand closer to Latin America through developing programmes designed to grow the capacity of New Zealanders to engage with Latin America.
This programme is to be held in Auckland, venue to be confirmed.
Application deadline: Friday 18 September 2020
- recognise the value of continuing to study Spanish
- connect your passion of learning Spanish with your future career and life pathway
- increase your knowledge and understanding of Latin America (including its importance to New Zealand)
- increase your language competence and cultural knowledge
- network with other students studying Spanish
- daily language/culture classes delivered by specialists
- daily inter-cultural activities/events including guest speakers
- daily shared meals
- action plan development and sharing
Application Deadline: 18 September 2020
Programme: 22 November 2020 to 28 November 2020
- Applicants must be currently studying at least one 200 level university Spanish paper. Preference will be given to students who are non-native speakers of Spanish. We are looking for students that come from a variety of academic backgrounds.
Health and Safety
- If the programme cannot go ahead due to government recommendations, then an alternative date may be offered.
Future Learning Solutions will arrange and pay for:
Domestic flights or transport to and from Auckland.
Accommodation, airport transfers, domestic travel, cultural activities and language lessons during programme dates.
Breakfasts, lunches and evening meals.
Participant will be responsible for:
- Transport to and from participant's local airport for the programme where the domestic flight has been arranged by Future Learning Solutions.
- Personal expenses and incidentals.
- Domestic transport to programme where domestic flight is not applicable but transport is still required i.e. bus or personal transport with (agreed) reimbursement post programme.