Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages is offering up to 6 places for current New Zealand teachers of Japanese (Years 1-13) to attend a two-week language and cultural immersion programme in 2019 at The Japan Foundation Kansai Centre, Osaka, Japan.
Programme content includes
- Sessions on Japanese Culture
- Introduction of Japanese teaching materials, language and cultural resources
- Activity based curriculum support: includes orienteering in Osaka, a homestay visit and a school visit
Programme dates: 29 September - 12 October 2019
Orientation Day: 26 July 2019 (held in Auckland)
Application deadline: 5 April 2019, 5pm
For more information and an application form, contact us
Preference will be given to NZ registered teachers who:
- are engaged in Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages curriculum support
- are involved in levels 1 to 4 of the Learning Languages area of the curriculum
- are currently teaching Japanese
- have a level of Japanese equivalent to JLPT Level N5 or above
The Kansai Immersion course is an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in Japanese language and culture. I came away with an abundance of new teaching resources and a renewed enthusiasm for teaching Japanese. The connections I made with the other teachers on the course were invaluable. I also now have a greater knowledge of the Osaka/Kyoto area which I can share with my students both at school and on my next school trip to Japan.
Hutt Valley High School