Programme dates: Monday 13 April - Saturday 25 April 2020
Orientation: Wednesday 18 March, 2020, 3.30pm-5.30pm via Zoom
Stage de Tahiti is an immersion and study experience in Tahiti for teachers currently teaching French in New Zealand schools and is funded by Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages and the French Embassy in New Zealand.
This programme aims to positively affect the sustainability of implementing the learning languages area of the curriculum for teachers and students.
Whilst experiencing a homestay, teachers' time will be divided between intercultural inquiry and formal language classes at the University of Tahiti.
Programme Content will include:
- 2 week homestay
- language classes
- school visits
- intercultural activities
Applicants must be currently teaching French.
Preference will be given to registered teachers who:
- Have or are currently engaged with Future Learning Solutions
- Are involved in levels 1 to 4 of the learning languages area of the curriculum
For this programme, Future Learning Solutions and the French Embassy will arrange and pay for:
- Domestic flights connecting to international flights
- International flights
- International travel insurance
- In country accommodation, airport transfers, cultural activities and language tuition during programme dates
For this programme, participants arrange and pay for:
- Visa application and fees (where applicable)
- Domestic transport and programme travel where domestic flight is not applicable but transport is still required i.e. bus or personal transport with reimbursement post programme
- Transport to and from participant's local airport for the programme where the domestic flight has been arranged
- Some in country bus fares to local cultural activities
- Personal expenses and incidentals
- Money for lunches most days as well as up to two breakfasts and dinners
18 December 2019, 5pm