Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages is offering New Zealand teachers of Chinese the opportunity to travel to China on a 3-week intensive language and culture programme at the Beijing Language and Culture University.
Activities are arranged by both NZ and Chinese governments, this programme is a fantastic opportunity to be immersed in the Chinese language and culture.
Resources and activities on this programme will improve your Chinese language and teaching pedagogy.
TBLT focused activities
short home stay
Applications for the Chinese Immersion Programme are currently closed.
To register your interest for the next programme in April 2021 signup below:
This opportunity is only open to New Zealand Citizens who are currently teaching Chinese.
Preference will be given to NZ registered teachers who:
- are engaged in Future Learning Solutions - Centre for Languages curriculum support
- are involved in levels 1 to 4 of the Learning Languages area of the curriculum
- have a proficiency of Chinese at HSK level 1 or above
Future Learning Solutions will arrange and pay for:
- Domestic flights connecting to international flights
- International flights
- International travel insurance
- In country accommodation, transfers, cultural activities and language tuition during programme dates
- Teacher release day (TRD) costs: 5 days per participant for the Immersion Programme
Participants will be responsible for:
- Visa application and fees (where applicable)
- Domestic transport to programme travel where domestic flight is not applicable but transport still required i.e. bus or personal transport, with reimbursement post-programme. This applies to out of Auckland participants only.
- Transport to and from participant's local airport for programme where FLS has arranged the domestic flight
- Parking at participant's local airport for programme where FLS has arranged the domestic flight
- Personal expenses and incidentals
I have a sincere desire to thank everyone who made this programme and adventure possible. I am enriched with new knowledge, skills and growing understanding of the Chinese language and culture.
Following this well structured programme, I have learned the value of communicating effectively in Mandarin as well as the success that comes from teaching the language within the context of the beautiful cultural settings.
It was a life changing experience that had a profound impact on me as a person and as a teacher.
I know this trip will benefit my own students as well as the wider school. My sincere thank you for investing in me and providing this amazing opportunity.
Lead Teacher, Howick Intermediate School