Kansai Scholarship Programme
ILEP is offering up to 6 places for current New Zealand teachers of Japanese (Years 1-13) to attend a two-week language and cultural immersion programme in October 2017 at The Japan Foundation Kansai Centre, Osaka, Japan.
Photos from the Kansai Immersion Programme
The language and culture immersion programme includes:
- Sessions on Japanese culture
- Introduction of Japanese teaching materials, language and cultural resources
- Activity based curriculum support: includes orienteering in Osaka, a homestay visit and a school visit
Preference will be given to NZ teachers who:
- Have a level of Japanese equivalent to JLPT level N5 or above
- Show evidence of a strong commitment to on-going professional learning
- Demonstrate a contribution to the Japanese language teaching community
- Teach students in Years 7-10
Programme Dates: 1-14 October 2017
Orientation Day: Friday 28 July 2017 (held in Auckland)
Application deadline: 7 July 2017, 5pm
Download the flyer here.
For more information and to request an application form, please contact:
Jennifer Thomson, Intercultural Programmes Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Successful participants are responsible for booking their international travel with a reimbursement from ILEP
of up to $1,500.